CRITIQUE GROUP INFORMATION IS NOW LIVE!!!!
It’s no fun to write in a vacuum. In fact, it’s really no fun to vacuum, either.
If you live in the Eastern PA Region of SCBWI, and you’d like to join a supportive critique group to take your writing to the next level and avoid vacuums, both metaphorical and literal, check our website: http://epa.scbwi.org/ Be sure to click on the Local Critique Groups and voila’ there’s point people for a variety of different regions and cities throughout Eastern PA.
BUT you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Critique Groups.
Laura, and I am talking about myself unabashedly in the third person here, is an aspiring YA author living in the Mt. Airy area of Philadelphia with a compulsive organizational streak that wants to help you find, join and/or coordinate your very own critique group.
Please include the following information about yourself in your email to email@example.com with the subject line: Critique groups
1) Your name (quite important);
2) Your preferred contact email address (I’d say just as important, really);
3) Your current writing focus (young adult, middle grades, new adult, picture book, or what have you) (fairly important in the grand scheme of things);
4) Your location and/or general area (note: not for neighborhood feuding purposes, merely informational); and
5) Your ideal critique group membership preferences (i.e., are you leadership potential for a new critique group, could you be molded into leadership with a fine Sensei such as Laura to help you out, or would you prefer to join a pre-existing group?)
PHILLY/MT. AIRY: Please note that Laura is putting together a YA/NA/MG critique group that will meet in the Mt. Airy area of Philadelphia on Tuesday evenings once a month. The first meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 14th at 7:00 p.m. at the Read & Eat on Germantown Avenue. If you’re interested in joining this particular critique group, please email Laura in advance for information on submitting and how to access the current submissions for critique.
BUCKS COUNTY (Newtown, Newhope): Virginia Law Manning has scheduled a meeting on Saturday, October 11 at 10:30 a.m. at the Corner Bakery Café, 3 West Road, Newtown, PA 18940. ALL WRITERS & ILLUSTRATORS WELCOME. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
LANCASTER AREA: Critiquery at the Creperie: Want to prepare for Fall Philly and Pitch Shop? Looking for a critique group within driving distance of Lancaster? Why not come to Rachel’s Cafe and Creperie (201 W. Walnut St., Lancaster PA 17603) from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 18th for goodies, great conversation, and manuscript/illustration swapping. Even if you’re not coming to Fall Philly, you’re welcome to stop by to make new friends and swap contact info for future critique groups! If interested, RSVP to Lindsay Bandy on Facebook or at LKBandy84@yahoo.com BY October 13th. See you there!