One of our Eastern PA authors – Shannon Wiersbitzky – is participating in #MGGetsReal, where several middle grade novels that share a common thread will be highlighted. The common thread for #MGGetsReal? Each of the books tackles a tough topic in a way appropriate for Middle Grade readers.
The participating authors are:
- Shannon Wiersbitzky—WHAT FLOWERS REMEMBER (Alzheimer’s)
- Kathleen Burkinshaw – THE LAST CHERRY BLOSSOM, (Hiroshima)
- Joyce Moyer Hostetter—COMFORT, (War Trauma)
- Kerry O’Malley Cerra—JUST A DROP OF WATER, (Religious Intolerance)
- Shannon Hitchcock—RUBY LEE & ME, (School Integration)
During the month of August, these fantastic authors welcome you to:
- Read and review the books listed above. (Writing a review on Amazon, Goodreads, and other sites is an important way to support fellow authors.)
- Tweet about the books using hashtag #MGGetsReal
- Share posts on Facebook about the books.
- Tell your friends, interested kid readers, teachers, librarians, or reading groups about these meaningful books.