Our 2017 February Art and Poetry show is open for submissions with a brand new theme: This year, we dare you to #BelieveInMagic!
Every day in February, Eastern Penn Points Blog will feature artwork and/or poetry by Eastern PA SCBWI members!
This will be a special month for showing off our regional talent and spreading the word through social media.
You can submit poetry and/or art by yourself, or team up with another writer/artist to create something together. Create something warm and fuzzy, heartbreaking, cutesy, abstract, romantic, realistic, magical, anthropomorphic, hilarious, touching….the possibilities are endless! Let’s show our full range, since we represent those who write and illustrate for babies through teens.
A few little rules….
1. All submissions must, of course, be your own work. You also need to be part of the EPA region of SCBWI.
2. Poetry must be limited to 500 words or less
3. Submissions should be sent to Lori Ann Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 2oth, 2017.
4. You may include a giveaway with your submission, but this is totally optional. For example, if you are a PAL member, you might want to do a signed book giveaway to a random commenter, or offer a free online critique. If you are an artist, you may want to give away a signed original or print of your work. People like free stuff, and this can boost your engagement! You will be responsible for any postage, but I will randomly select winners and get their contact info to you.
5. Include any social media info you’d like! You can also include a sentence about yourself.
E-mail any questions to: Lori Ann Palma at email@example.com or
Lindsay Bandy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharpen your pencils, mix your paint, and join the fun!