January is here, the holidays are behind us, and for many, it’s time to recommit to our goals. If you’re looking to do just that, below are two opportunities to engage with other artists and writers.
Meet & Greet
The next Meet-‘n-Greet for Eastern PA SCBWI members will take place on Tuesday, January 31st at 9:00 a.m. The location is Saxby’s Coffee, 58 Peddler’s Village, (near the corner of Street Road and Rte 263), Lahaska, PA.
Please let Virginia Manning (email@example.com ) or Anita Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you plan to attend so we know how many to expect. Looking forward to seeing you!
February #BelieveInMagic Art and Poetry Show Submissions Reminder
February is the Eastern Penn Points annual art and poetry show! We’d love to see your work and share it with SCBWI members. Whether you’ve contributed in the past or this is your first time, get those submissions in. And if you’d like to see what was submitted last year’s show for the #LoveMadeVisible theme, you can find an archive here.
Please see our original call for submissions below:
Our 2017 February Art and Poetry show is open for submissions with a brand new theme: This year, we dare you to #BelieveInMagic!
Every day in February, Eastern Penn Points Blog will feature artwork and/or poetry by Eastern PA SCBWI members!
This will be a special month for showing off our regional talent and spreading the word through social media.
You can submit poetry and/or art by yourself, or team up with another writer/artist to create something together. Create something warm and fuzzy, heartbreaking, cutesy, abstract, romantic, realistic, magical, anthropomorphic, hilarious, touching….the possibilities are endless! Let’s show our full range, since we represent those who write and illustrate for babies through teens.
A few little rules….
- All submissions must, of course, be your own work. You also need to be part of the EPA region of SCBWI.
- Poetry must be limited to 500 words or less
- Submissions should be sent to Lori Ann Palma at email@example.com by Friday, January 2oth, 2017.
- You may include a giveaway with your submission, but this is totally optional. For example, if you are a PAL member, you might want to do a signed book giveaway to a random commenter, or offer a free online critique. If you are an artist, you may want to give away a signed original or print of your work. People like free stuff, and this can boost your engagement! You will be responsible for any postage, but I will randomly select winners and get their contact info to you.
- Include any social media info you’d like! You can also include a sentence about yourself.
E-mail any questions to: Lori Ann Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lindsay Bandy at email@example.com.
Sharpen your pencils, mix your paint, and join the fun!