You’re invited to submit artwork and/or poetry o Eastern Penn Points Blog for our annual February celebration…. #LoveMadeVisible 2018!
“Painting is love made visible.”
-Pierre Auguste Renoir
L-R: Gabrielle and Jean; Two Girls Reading; A Couple Reading, all by Renoir
“Poetry is the universal language which the heart holds with nature and itself.”
Once again this February, Eastern Penn Points Blog will feature artwork and/or poetry by Eastern PA SCBWI members – published or pre-published. The theme is LOVE in any and every form!
This is always a special month for showing off our regional talent and spreading the word through social media.
You can submit poetry and/or art by yourself, or team up with another writer/artist to create something together. Create something warm and fuzzy, heartbreaking, cutesy, abstract, romantic, realistic, magical, anthropomorphic, hilarious, touching….the possibilities are endless! Let’s show our full range, since we represent those who write and illustrate for babies through teens.
A few little rules….
- All submissions must, of course, be your own work.
- Poetry must be limited to 500 words or less
- Submissions should be sent to Lindsay Bandy by Friday, January 26th, 2018.
- You may include a giveaway with your submission, but this is totally optional. For example, if you are a PAL member, you might want to do a signed book giveaway to a random commenter, or offer a free online critique. If you are an artist, you may want to give away a signed original or print of your work. People like free stuff, and this can boost your engagement! You will be responsible for any postage, but I will randomly select winners and get their contact info to you.
- Include any social media info you’d like! You can also include a sentence about yourself.
E-mail your submissions or questions to Lindsay Bandy at LKBandy84@yahoo.com, and join the fun!