Page Street Kids, the children’s book imprint of Page Street Publishing, is thrilled to announce the first annual Page Street Kids Prize, acknowledging a stand-out children’s book proposal from a debut author-illustrator.
Author-illustrators with strong storytelling abilities, innovative styles, original voices, and unique tales are invited to submit book dummies in the following categories:
- Original fiction (prose or in verse) for ages 4-8
- Narrative nonfiction for ages 8-12
The winner will receive a $1,000 visa gift card, text and art development feedback, and consideration for publication.
- Open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia as well as Canada, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry
- The creator must be unagented and not have any previously published trade picture books
- Work must not be submitted to other publishers, contests, or Page Street Kids general submissions while under consideration for this prize
- Limited to one submission per person
Submissions Details and Requirements
Work must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ATTN: Page Street Kids Prize Submission” between October 15, 2018, and January 15, 2019. Include a cover letter (in the body of the e-mail) with the creator’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, portfolio website, any social media handles, and a biography no more than 100 words long. Submission must be a PDF sketch dummy of 32 or 40 pages with one to three finished color art spreads included.
The winner will be announced March 15, 2019.