Are you interested in attending our annual retreat in the Pocono Mountains (April 17-19) but aren’t sure what to expect? Are you on the fence about making the weekend time commitment or the long drive? Do you have questions about the programming or accommodations? Or are you all set to go but want to meet other attendees ahead of time?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, we encourage you to attend one of our free Meet & Greets in the upcoming weeks. We’ll chat about the retreat, our faculty, scholarship opportunities,* our programming, critique opportunities, and the beautiful and hospitable Highlights Foundation where the retreat will take place!
Here are the Meet & Greets . . .
Reading Area Meet & Greet – March 14, 11:00-1:00Firefly Bookstore
271 West Main Street, Kutztown, PA 19530
RSVP: Nadine Poper (email@example.com)
Some details about this year’s Pocono Retreat . . .
Date: April 17-19, 2020
Location: The Barn at Boyds Mills – at the beautiful Highlights Foundation in Honesdale, PA
This year our theme will be “Together We Can.” We have a fantastic faculty lineup including:
- Erin Entrada Kelly
- Floyd Cooper
- Agents Wendy Gu and Eric Smith
- Editor Kathleen Merz
- Senior designer Erica De Chavez
- Deadline for scholarship applications – February 15, 2020
- Deadline for presenter proposals – February 15, 2020
- Notification of presenter acceptance – February 25, 2020
- Notification of scholarship recipient(s) – March 1, 2020
- Deadline to sign up for peer illustrator portfolio critiques – March 20, 2020
- Deadline for receipt of manuscripts for critique (peer and faculty critiques) – March 21, 2020
Please visit our registration page for more information and to register: https://epa.scbwi.org/events/2020-pocono-mountain-retreat-together-we-can/