Our blog is your blog! There is no doubt – there is power in numbers. The more voices we have contributing (writing for and commenting), the stronger and more useful this site will be for all of us. We’re looking for members who are willing to contribute to the blog on an occasional and/or regular basis.
Submissions can be emailed to Lori Ann Palma at email@example.com with all text contained in the body of the email rather than as an attached file.
General submission guidelines:
- All contributions must be your own work.
- Please keep your word count to around 1,500 words. Many times, less is more.
- Please do not include artwork or images due to copyright concern (Jacket covers and author photos are acceptable).
- Please include a brief bio with your work.
- March: “Practical Advice” What’s the most important thing you’ve learned about querying, writing, publishing, or marketing? How did you learn it? What advice can you share?
- April: “April Showers” Share your biggest hurdle in writing or illustrating (craft, getting started, writer’s/artist’s block) and how you are working to overcome it.
- May: “Bring May Flowers” Share your biggest triumph with writing or illustrating (finding a work space, finishing a draft/piece, publishing your work, getting an agent, etc) and what you learned along the journey.
- June: “Summer Reading” What’s the best book you’ve read lately and why? A book on craft that you found inspiring? A summer sizzler that taught you to relax and enjoy quiet reading moments? A picture book that inspired reading or art-making in your child or class? Tell us about it!