Our blog is your blog! There is no doubt—there is power in numbers. The more voices we have contributing (writing for and commenting), the stronger and more useful this site will be for all of us. We’re looking for members who are willing to contribute to the blog on an occasional and/or regular basis.
Submissions can be emailed to Laura Parnum at email@example.com with all text contained in the body of the e-mail rather than as an attached file.
General submission guidelines:
- All contributions must be your own work.
- Please keep your word count to around 1,500 words. Many times, less is more.
- Please do not include artwork or images due to copyright concern (jacket covers and author photos are acceptable).
- Please include a brief bio with your work.
We feature a monthly “Member News” column on the last day of each month. Send in your news (book deals, author/illustrator events, awards, prizes, etc.) by the 20th of each month and we’ll include it in our Member News post. We want to celebrate you, our faithful members, so let us toot your horn!
- In 2018 and 2019 we filled the month of February with LOVE in a blog event we call #LoveMadeVisible. Each day we featured poetry and illustrations with the theme of love sent in by our wonderful Eastern PA SCBWI members.
- In July 2019 our theme was #Vacation. Once again we featured our members’ art and poetry throughout the month in a celebration of summer vacation.
- In April 2020 we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the creation of Earth Day. We featured art and poetry in celebration of our beautiful Earth.
- We hope to feature other monthly themes in the future. Stay tuned . . .